Video Project Support
Video Editing Resources
- iMovie – Apple’s free, introductory video editing software. This program offers a large number of video editing tools, and is a great choice for first-time video editors.
- Quicktime – Apple’s built-in media player offers users some basic editing features such as trimming and splitting video clips, and arranging them into a new sequence.
*Please note: iMovie and Quicktime are available for macOS and iOS devices only.
- Adobe Spark – A web-based program for creating digital projects, including video slideshows. Please see our tutorial below for instructions on accessing this free, easy-to-use program.
- Adobe Premiere Rush – Introductory video editing software from Adobe Creative Cloud.* This program offers a wide range of video editing tools with an easy-to-use interface, making it a great choice for first-time video editors.
- Adobe Premiere Pro – Industry-standard video editing software from Adobe Creative Cloud.* This robust program is a great choice for advanced video editors.
*Please note: Adobe Creative Cloud is currently available for Bates students on campus lab computers only.
- Royalty Free Music Resources – A Bates library guide. Includes the college subscription to Audioblocks.
Video Editing Tutorials
- iMovie Tutorials – A series of written tutorials for getting started with iMovie.
- Adobe Premiere Rush Tutorials – A series of video tutorials for getting started with Adobe Premiere Rush.
- Creating Video Slideshows with Adobe Spark
- Using YouTube to Share Recorded Videos
- Editing Automatic Captioning for YouTube Videos
- Adding an Ensemble Video to a Lyceum Course
Video Recording Tutorials
- Creating a Video Recording with Zoom
- Recording a ‘Screencast-Style’ Video with Zoom
- Accessing and Downloading Zoom Cloud Recordings
- Creating a Video Recording with Quicktime*
- Screen Recording with Quicktime & Loopback*- A written tutorial for recording short clips of videos for educational purposes (macOS & iOS devices only).
*Please note: Quicktime is available for macOS and iOS devices only.
- Equipment Guides – Information and equipment manuals for DMX equipment including Canon XC-15, Filmmaker Kits, and LAV Kits