Library COVID-19 Response
Last Updated: September 18, 2022
As of Oct. 28th, Ladd Library is currently not open to the public. Campus buildings are accessed by Bates ID Card only.
+Access to Physical Materials: How to request books for pick up or book chapters for electronic delivery.
The Ladd Library bookstacks are open to Bates students, faculty, and staff to retrieve and check out books. Materials may also be paged using the CBB Request button in CBBcat for pick up at the Circulation Desk.
- For CBB Library books: In CBBcat, click on the CBB Request link.
- You will choose which library the item will come from. Select the Bates copy first if available; if not, you can request from Colby or Bowdoin.
- For MaineCat books from libraries throughout Maine: see these instructions for requesting within CBBcat.
Alumni can request Bates material and arrange for pickup through firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will receive an email when the book is available for pick up at the Circulation Desk. Turnaround times may vary. We appreciate your patience.
Chapter and Article Content
- Off-campus students, faculty, and staff: If you need access to a book chapter or article that is available only in print or microfilm at Bates College, you may request a scanned copy via our Interlibrary Loan request form (choose “Book Chapter” or “Article” from the “New Requests” drop-down menu when you log in).
- Please request as narrow a range of pages as possible.
- Use the notes field in the Photocopy Form to provide information about your specific need (thesis, final assignment, or other).
- Requests will be considered on a case by case basis and are anticipated to take approximately one week to fill.
We are committed to providing course reserves for our students. Our Course Reserves for Faculty page outlines dates and processes for putting your materials on reserve.
Reserves are still accessed through the Course Reserves section from the library homepage.
Contact email@example.com with questions.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service is available for loaning and borrowing of electronic materials, contingent upon staffing at partner institutions. At Bates we are able to fill more requests for print materials as well, but we ask for your patience as global restrictions and staffing are still shifting. Use our Interlibrary Loan portal to make your request. We will review and fill it as we are able.
You can return items at the Circulation Desk or in the book return drop boxes.
There are two book drop boxes at the library.
- The first is located at the front entrance, in the glass wall just to the left of the doors. It is accessible from both inside the building and in the foyer.
- The second book drop is located outside at our shipping/receiving door (facing Hedge and Roger Willams).
Outstanding books may be returned to the library book drops, by library or media mail:
Ladd Library Bates College
48 Campus Ave
Lewiston, ME 04240
Contact Brenda Reynolds (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.
The librarians in Research Services will be available for help at the Research Desk during our regular academic year hours, and via chat and video. Reach out from the “Get Help” box on the library homepage or email your subject specialist for a one-on-one appointment.
Other services housed in Ladd Library have their own policies. Please consult their websites:
Access to the physical government documents collections of the Federal Government Document Program is not available to those who are not current Bates students, faculty, or staff. For online sources, please see regional depository at University of Maine, Orono, Fogler Library.