Resources for Research
Selected Indexes to Articles and Publications
- Ladd Library
Selected Internet Guides
- The American Presidency Project: http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ Database of the public papers of the US presidents as well as the major party platforms from 1840 onward.
- Varieties of Democracy Project (V-DEMs): http://kellogg.nd.edu/projects/vdem/ The Varieties of Democracy Project (V-Dem) is an ambitious international effort to produce new indicators of democracy for all countries since 1900. With measures of democracy in great demand, V-Dem provides the global community with the world’s most comprehensive, accurate, and detailed democracy ratings.
- Political Science Resources on the Web (University of Michigan)
An excellent site. Well organized subject categories lead to many other political science resources
- Politics 1
Access to resources on parties, candidates, ideological positions, issues and general political news.
- Political Science Resources (University of Keele)
International coverage. Well organized.
- Political Resources on the Net
Listings of political sites available on the Internet sorted by country, with links to Parties, Organizations, Governments, Media and more from all around the world.
- Browse Government Resources (Library of Congress)
Place to start looking for government information- on the internet. U.S., state and international sites are included.
- GPO Access (Government Printing Office)
Offical searchable full text databases. Includes Congressional Record, U.S. Budget, Congressional Bills, House and Senate Reports and Documents, Economic Indicators, Public Laws, Federal Register, U.S. Government Manual and Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents, and GAO Reports.
- State of Maine
Official homepage of Maine state government agencies and departments, judicial and legislative information.
- Congress.gov (Library of Congress)
Official website of Congress. Search the Congressional Record, follow legislation from bill to public law, see Roll Call Votes, see Committee Homepages, and status of FY200 Appropriations Bills. Contains text of bills and laws from 103rd Congress, 1993 to date.
- U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate
fficial government websites of the two branches of Congress. See Calendars and Schedules, Roll Call Votes, and how to contact your representatives and senators.
- Political Databases of the Americas
Focus is on Latin American Politics. Much primary source information. Entire site can be searched by keyword.
- State and Local Government on the NET.
- United Nations