Writing @ Bates offers a variety of resources designed to support Bates faculty as writers and educators.
- We offer a menu of workshops and other events every semester, designed to support faculty in effectively integrating writing both in Bates curriculum of writing-attentive courses and across the entire academic curriculum. See our upcoming faculty programming here. Or, look through our archive of past faculty programming here.
- The Director and Assistant Directors of Writing at Bates are available for consultations on assignments, syllabi, scholarly projects, and much more. Visit our staff page to see who might be most appropriate for your needs, or simply send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org; we’ll connect you to the person who most fits your needs.
- Faculty teaching writing attentive courses have a writing specialist assigned to their courses to consult on writing in the course, deliver in-class workshops, and otherwise support the course.
- Instructors of first-year seminars can find written resources here, and are also assigned a Peer Writing and Speaking Assistant, a Bates student who provides writing support for the students in the course.
- Faculty wanting to explore integrating Norton Field Guide to Writing content into their course’s Lyceum page can find video walkthroughs here.