Free panel discussion Nov. 11 at Bates demystifies college search process
For area high school students and families wondering about the college search process and financial aid, the Bates Office of Admission and the Bates Garcelon Society have organized a panel discussion Nov. 11 to help clear the air.
Regardless of where you plan to apply, all are invited to learn about the college search and application process 6:30-8 p.m. Thursday Nov. 11 at 4 Andrews Road, Room G52 of Pettengill Hall.
The panel discussion, which is free and open to the public, is: “Understanding the College Search and Application Process.”
* Making the Most of Your College Search and College Visits
* Familiarizing Yourself with the Application Process
* Selective College Admission
* Interviewing Tips
* Financial Aid Basics
* The Student Perspective: the Search, the Application and What I Wish I Knew
* Nancy Cable, Vice President & Dean of Enrollment and External Affairs
* Leigh Weisenburger, Acting Director of Admission
* Jared Cash ’04, Senior Associate Dean of Admission & Director of Operations
* Johie Farrar ’03, Associate Dean of Admission, Communications & Outreach
* Tom Esponette ’11, Senior Admission Fellow, Edward Little High School, Class of 2007
A reception will immediately follow the panel.
For more information, please contact the Bates Office of Admission: 207.286.6000 or email@example.com
Established in 2005, the Garcelon Society supports the Androscoggin Scholarship Fund to ensure talented and deserving students from Androscoggin County have access to a Bates College education.