WCSH-TV covers mock dorm blaze during Fire Safety Day
WCSH-TV reporter Chris Rose covered Fire Safety Day at Bates on Oct. 28, focusing especially on the burning of a mock student room set up behind the visitors grandstand at Garcelon Field.
The demonstration room came complete with empty pizza boxes and a cloth tapestry that partially covered a ceiling smoke detector (such a tapestry setup is against residential life rules).
It took less than 5 minutes for the fire to roar out of control.
Leave a Reply
This is a forum for sharing your thoughts about the preceding post with the public. If you have a question for the author, please email the Bates Communications Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.