Converting to an Alternate Accessible Format
Make it accessible (SensusAccess)
- Convert PDFs, JPEGs and other files into an e-book, text file, audio or braille.
- You can combine more than one .JPG into a single file.
Converting Inaccessible Documents
- Once you select and upload your file, you then proceed to step 2 to select your output format
- Select “Accessible conversion” and then we usually recommend selecting either Doc/Docx or Tagged PDF (text over image)
- Accessible documents are able to be manipulated (text size, font, spacing, etc.) and they work with text-to-speech software, such as Read & Write.
Conditions of use
You can make an accessible copy if you own the copyright (eg, it’s your own work), have permission from the copyright holder, if the copyright has expired, or if it’s for someone with a print disability. If so you need to agree that:
- the copy won’t be shared with others
- you abide by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act, 1988, Section 31A (Disabled persons: copies of works for personal use)
- you abide by the Data Protection Act when storing or sharing converted files that contain personal data.
Use SensusAccess to convert a file
*You can select any of the following languages, the default is English