As part of its commitment to student involvement in vigorous, cutting-edge research, Bates offers competitive financial awards to support student inquiry.
Academic Year Research Grants
While the Neuroscience Program has internal funds to support student thesis and independent study, majors may apply for additional funds to assist with highly complex projects and/or travel to scientific conferences.
Summer Research Grants
Bates is proud to offer several grant mechanisms to support students engaged in faculty-sponsored research over the summer months.
- Hoffman Fellowship
- INBRE Faculty-Student Research Grant
- Mt. David Research Fellowship
- Ruggles Scholarship
- STEM Faculty-Student Research Grant
- Summer Research Apprenticeship
External Research Grants
Neuroscience majors can also apply for competitive, external funds to support their research and/or travel to conferences.
- Sigma Xi Scientific Honors Society Grants-in-Aid of Research
- Association for Psychological Science Student Research Grant
- Society for Neuroscience Undergraduate Travel Award
- Wisconsin Symposium on Emotion Travel Award
Neuroscience majors are well prepared for post-baccalaureatework, with prestigious awards available to ambitious students and alums to support graduate study.