Make Your 50th Your Best Bates Reunion
Your 50th Reunion is a time to reflect on your personal Bates experience, reconnect with classmates, and celebrate together back where it all began.
Make A Special Gift in Honor of Your 50th Reunion
Members of the 50th Reunion class are encouraged to make a gift to celebrate this milestone reunion. Class goals for 1969 are $200,000 for the Bates Fund with 80% overall participation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your gift to Bates this milestone year is a gift to your former Bates mentors and professors, a nod to the experiences and relationships you enjoyed on campus 50 years ago, and a gift to students on their own Bates journey at this very moment. It is a vote of confidence in Bates and an investment in its future. By making a 50th Reunion contribution, you’re paying it forward by ensuring that the fundamental aspects of a Bates education remain accessible to the most deserving students, regardless of their financial resources.
There are many ways to maximize the impact of your Reunion-year gift:
- Join the Phillips Society: The Phillips Society celebrates those in the Bates community who have provided for Bates in their estate plans, trusts, or other financial arrangements.
- Make a multi-year pledge to the college: The total amount of any multi-year commitment counts toward your class’s overall gift to Bates.
- Join the Recurring Gift Program: The Recurring Gift Program recognizes alumni who make recurring or perpetual gifts to the college. Gifts can be divided into manageable payments over a given period of time.
- Join the Mount David Society: The Mount David Society recognizes alumni who make the college a philanthropic priority with a gift of $2,500 or more to the Bates Fund. MDS-level donors lead the way in supporting Bates by making significant, unrestricted current-use gifts each year — gifts that underpin the college’s ability to sustain excellence.
In order to count toward your Reunion class goals, gifts and multi-year pledges must be received by June 30, 2019. However, we encourage you to consider contributing by May 1, 2019, to ensure your gift is celebrated during Reunion Weekend.
The Bates Fund serves as a necessary complement to our endowment, fully dedicated to the present needs of the college. Every gift is transformational and enables the college to enhance the educational experience of students every day. By giving to the Bates Fund, you provide the next generation with:
- a best-in-class liberal arts experience spanning academic, athletic, and co-curricular programs
- funded internships and student-faculty research opportunities
- access to a global community of supportive alumni, forming a large and ever-growing Bates family
- generous financial aid (more than $41,000 per student on average) for 43 percent of Bates students
- a 10:1 student-to-faculty ratio, with top-in-their-field faculty members
- technology resources to enhance the experience of students and faculty on our campus
- Plus, all gifts of any size count toward The Bates Campaign.
- Cash or credit card gifts
- Appreciated securities
- IRA distributions
- Life insurance
- Real estate, partial or future interests in real estate
- Tangible personal property
- Closely held stock or business interests
- Bequest intentions
More than 1,100 alumni and friends annually return to Bates for Reunion Weekend to reconnect and enjoy the beauty of the Bates campus in summer.
- Enjoy the annual 50th Reunion Seminars, sponsored by your class, with topics selected by your 50th Reunion Social Committee.
- Enjoy the annual Reunion Weekend lobster bake, golf outing, Bobcat Beer Garden, and barbecue picnic lunch.
- Visit familiar haunts and see how campus has changed, including new dorms, a refurbished Garcelon Field, and the new Bates College Store.
- Cheer on alumni of all ages in the historic Alumni Parade.
- Hear from faculty and senior leaders, including President Clayton Spencer.
- Attend a lecture by distinguished alumni or join a Bates Outing Club excursion.
- Toast to the weekend at the annual Reunion Gala.
- Regardless of your interests, there is something for everyone at Reunion!
Registration has closed. Please come see us at the Walk In Registration table at the Welcome Center to join the fun!
Join the Class of 1969’s Facebook page!