The Bates Fund
Your gift to the college’s annual fund, known as the Bates Fund, provides an immediate and direct impact on students and faculty by supporting all aspects of the Bates experience.
The Impact of Your Giving
“Truly transformative experiences are rare, yet providing them is Bates’ mission. …your generosity is important for continuing this legacy.” — Shannon Griffin ’16
Your gift to the Bates Fund is a gift to your Bates mentors and professors, as well as a gift to students experiencing Bates at this very moment. It is a vote of confidence in Bates and an investment in its future. Help us ensure that the fundamental aspects of a Bates education remain accessible to the most deserving students, regardless of financial resources. Bates depends on you.
Every gift is transformational and enables the college to enhance the educational experience of students every day. By giving to the Bates Fund, you provide the next generation with:
- a best-in-class liberal arts experience spanning academic, athletic, and co-curricular programs
- funded internships and student-faculty research opportunities
- access to a global community of supportive alumni, forming a large and ever-growing Bates family
- generous financial aid (more than $54,400 per student on average) for 48 percent of Bates students
- a 10:1 student-to-faculty ratio, with top-in-their-field faculty members
- technology resources to enhance the experience of students and faculty on our campus
Fiscal Year 2022-23 Goals
The college’s fiscal year runs from July 1 to June 30. Our FY23 Bates Fund goals include:
$7.7M in gifts from alumni, parents, and friends
40% alumni participation
The Bates Fund, including gifts to Friends of Bates Athletics, is a critical measure of Bobcat pride.
To make a gift, go to bates.edu/give; call us toll-free at 888-522-8371; or send your check payable to Bates College, 2 Andrews Road, Lewiston, ME 04240. The Bates Fund year closes June 30.