Eat Local this summer
Once again, I am excited to invite you to join in a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) summer share from Fresh Start Farms in Lisbon. The shares will be delivered to Bates once per week throughout the summer months (starting in July). A single share should be enough food to meet the vegetable needs of 2 adults who eat vegetables with most meals or a larger family who cooks less frequently. A family share would meet the needs of a larger family who eats vegetables with most meals.
The cost options are as follows:
Single Share: $275 for 16 weeks or $140 for 8 weeks
Family Share: $550 for 16 weeks or $280 for 8 weeks
(If you sign up for an 8 week share, you can elect to get your food either during July and August or September and October)
For Employees: To make this process even easier for you, the shares can be paid for through payroll deduction split up over 4 paychecks (June-September) or 2 paychecks if you’re doing an 8 week option. If you are interested in the payroll deduction option please fill out this form and send it to HR. For those doing a share in September and October, the payroll deduction will take place in July and August.
The food is healthy, local, and grown with organic practices. The farmers are Somali, Sudanese, Latino and Burundian who have recently settled in the area.
Here is how to it will work:
1) Send (or drop off) an application (click here for a copy) with a $50 deposit check made out to Cultivating Community to Human Resources by May 1st.
2) Receive a box of food every week from July – October (depending on your election of a 8 or 16 week share).
3) Learn more about the farm and follow recipes at freshstartfarms.blogspot.com.
Feel free to contact me with questions (firstname.lastname@example.org or 753-6936)
Earn a fitbit by signing up for Shape Up and joining a challenge:
How It Works:
- Create a team – Become a team captain by creating a closed team or an open team that any other participant can join. Teams are 5-11 participants.
- Join an Existing Team – Find an open team on ShapeUp’s platform. Any team displayed on the website is an open team that will welcome you as a teammate.
- Chose competition divisions – You can track 1, 2 or all 3 categories: pedometer steps, exercise minutes, weight loss.
- Track your progress – All Bates’ participants receive a FitBit pedometer ($60 value). Track your data on the website and see where your team compares to all of the other teams at Bates.
How To Sign Up:
- Go to members.shapeup.com and click “Join Now”
- Create a username and password
- Join the challenge
BWell Fitness Class Calender: Click Here
Event information for local runs, walks and events happening right here in Lewiston and Auburn!
Information on opportunities for B Well Personal Training in addition to information about Exercise Opportunities and Prescriptions
Questions? Contact B Well Program Coordinator Mike Milliken at 753-6936 or email@example.com. Make 2015 be the year to B Well!
Like B-Well at Bates on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter