About the Dean’s Office
Advancing Academic Excellence
The Bates College Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs and the Dean of the Faculty advances learning in the liberal arts tradition:
- recruits, supports, and evaluates faculty;
- fosters the development of academic programs; and
- cultivates excellence in the academic and intellectual life of the Bates community.
The Office of the Dean of the Faculty supports the academic program of the college, guiding the faculty and the academic departments and programs, as well the Bates College Museum of Art, the Career Development Center, the Harward Center for Community Partnerships, The Learning Commons, the Mathematics and Statistics Workshop, the Office for External Grants, the Office of the Registrar and Academic Systems, Writing at Bates and Athletics.
Pamela J. Baker, Ph.D. is the Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the Faculty.
- Dean’s Office Staff
- Open Faculty Positions
- 2011-2012 Office of the Dean of the Faculty Annual Report
- DOF Archived Files: Includes History of General Education at Bates