Retired Bates faculty, whether they call themselves Emeriti, Emeritae, or Emeritx, are teachers, scholars, and activists committed to sustaining community, retaining ties with the college, and exploring new opportunities for creativity and connection.
Since 2018, we have offered platforms for social and intellectual support, for arts initiatives, and for community-engaged activity. We welcome newly retired and “rising” members and look forward to suggestions for how to expand and enrich programming.
A key feature of Emeritx has been the development of groups centered on shared interests or projects. There are currently four active clusters: a public writing group; a reading discussion group; a political action/climate action group; and, a studio arts group. Click here for more details on each group and information about how to join or how to propose a new group.
For More Information:
- Events and News: A page with information relevant to our faculty, including links to our newletter, EmeritXpress
- Communities & Connections: More information about the communities for emeritx faculty
- Curious about Retirement? Answers to questions about retirement planning
- Tips from Beyond the Podium: A Bates – centered retirement FAQ
- Remembrances: Links to reflections on the lives of those we have recently lost