Advising and Mentoring
The use of inclusive pedagogies, high impact practices, and evidence-based practices are two central aspects of how we define teaching excellence at Bates. There are many at Bates who support pedagogical development for educators at Bates. This page includes links to resources and materials to help faculty with the two aspects of their work as educators: Teaching and Advising.
- Academic Advising Portal (for Faculty): Best practices and resources for faculty and students as they advise students at Bates.
- Student Advising Portal (for Students): A portal page that gives a wealth of resources to students including specific advice for students in each year of their career at Bates.
- Pre-Health Support & Resources: This web page details some of the support provided by Bates for students interested in health professions.
- For Mentors and Mentees: Information and resources for faculty at Bates.
- Peer Review of Teaching: The Committee on Teaching and Learning developed recommendations for peer review of teaching in collaboration with the Faculty Personnel Committee.
- Academic Resources for Faculty: Academic support resources for faculty.
- FYS Pedagogy Portal: Information on teaching a FYS at Bates including example language for syllabi.
- STIP: Information on the Short Term Innovation Pedagogy Grants
- Center for Inclusive Teaching and Learning
- Bates’ Writing-Attentive Curriculum: Important information about these courses and tools to help faculty develop them.