Teaching and Advising
The use of inclusive pedagogies, high impact practices, and evidence-based practices are two central aspects of how we define teaching excellence at Bates. There are many at Bates who support pedagogical development for educators at Bates. This page includes links to resources and materials to help faculty with the two aspects of their work as educators: Teaching and Advising.
- FYS and pre-Major Advising Portal: Best practices and resources for faculty and students as they advise students at Bates.
- Academic Resources: Academic support resources for faculty and students. Includes links to co- and extra-curricular supports for students.
- Curriculum: Information about the curriculum of a Bates education.
- Inclusive Pedagogy Portal: A resource for faculty and staff educators on the use of inclusive pedagogy in Bates classrooms.
- FYS Pedagogy Portal: Information on teaching a FYS at Bates including example language for syllabi.
- Course Development: Information and links to resources regarding developing your courses at Bates.
- Mentoring: For Mentors and Mentees: information and resources for faculty at Bates.
- STIP: Information on the Short Term Innovation Pedagogy Grants
- Center for Inclusive Teaching and Learning