Support for Grant-Seeking at Bates College

The Office of Sponsored Programs and Research Compliance (SPaRC) serves as Bates College’s authorized organizational representative when applying to or negotiating with government (Federal, State, local) agencies to obtain grants, contracts, or cooperative agreements in support of Faculty research and other sponsored projects. SPaRC also works with faculty to secure research and sponsored program support from colleges and universities, hospitals, foundations, corporations and other private entities.

The Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations (FCR) within the Office of College Advancement is responsible for securing and stewarding private, institutional support for major objectives of the College as a whole. A search is presently underway for this position. In the interim, the Director of SPaRC is managing this portion of Bates’ grants portfolio as well.

If you are a Bates student seeking information about student financial aid, please visit Student Financial Services. There are some grant opportunities for which students may apply in support of research or community-engaged projects, though in many cases these require a Faculty or Staff adviser.

Looking for specific grant information or grant news? Click on the links below.