Responsible Conduct of Research
Principal Investigators are encouraged to review the College’s institutional training plan for Responsible Conduct of Research (pdf). Participation is mandatory for all students and postdoctoral research associates on projects funded by the National Science Foundation, and PIs on such projects are encouraged to use the resources detailed in this plan to devise their own project-specific plans. PIs on projects with other sources of external support are also encouraged to avail themselves of these resources in training students and others under their supervision.
The College subscribes to online training courses through the CITI Program to assist in compliance with Responsible Conduct of Research training. Please see below for access to the CITI program and instructions to enroll in this course.
- Go to https://www.citiprogram.org/login, then click on the REGISTER tab if you do not have an account already established. Follow the registration prompts to complete the account setup.
- Once logged in, click on the “Courses” page.
- Click on one of the “View Courses” links for the course listing of interest.
- Click on “Add a Course” which takes you to the course enrollment questions where your responses will add Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) module
- For undergraduate students and postdoctoral students, click “Students-RCR” and select the discipline that most aligns with your work (Biomedical, Social and Behavioral, Physical Science, or Humanities).
- Click “Start Now” button on the RCR module to begin your training
Please email completed certificates to Theresa Bishop (email@example.com).