Searchable PDF Documents
Instructions to Create Searchable (OCR) PDF Documents
Please find below instructions for converting PDF documents into searchable or OCR (Optimal Character Recognition) formatting. This will allow documents to be accessed by screen readers and text-to-speech software. This will also allow for adjustment of text size, font type, line spacing, brightness, etc.
1. Open your PDF document in Adobe Acrobat DC (if you do not have the program on your device follow these instructions to download Adobe Acrobat DC)
2. On the right hand side of your screen, select “Enhance Scans”
3. Click on “Recognize Text” and select “In This File”
4. Ensure that the “Pages” and “Language” settings are as desired and then click “Recognize Text”
5. Once the conversion is complete, you can save your converted document
You may also find this video tutorial to be helpful.
If you have any questions please contact the Help Desk.