Quiet Places On Campus
There are many quiet, beautiful places on and near the campus which are conducive to contemplation and reflection. Some of our favorite sites include:
- College Chapel
Visit the chapel between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. daily.
Meditation cushions in pews at the very front.
- The Muslim Prayer Room, Hindu shrine, and Buddhist Meditation Room
Located in Chase Hall, which is open 7:00 a.m. – 2:00 a.m. every day. If you would like access at other times, please contact us.
- The Multifaith Chaplaincy Common Room
A cozy place to study, think, or meditate; 163 Wood St., 2nd floor.
- Ladd Library
- Perry Atrium, Pettengill Hall
- Museum of Art, Olin Arts Center
- College Greenhouse, Carnegie Science Hall
- Benches on the Quad
- Keigwen Amphitheater and benches near Lake Andrews (the puddle)
- The Otis Memorial by Lake Andrews
- Muskie Garden
- Mount David
- Olin Terrace
- The many gardens throughout the campus
- Thorncrag Bird Sanctuary
- Riverside Greenway Trail by Sunnyside Park
- Riverwalk Trail near Railroad Park
- Riverside Cemetery
- Bates Morse Mountain Conservation Area
- The Bates Lean-To in Greene, Maine
- The Bates Yurt in Greene, Maine