Counseling and Psychological Services Provided
Individual and group counseling and psychological services are available at CAPS, and by referral, elsewhere.
Services provided include:
- Assessment and Evaluations
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse
- Anxiety and Stress
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Relationship Concerns
- Sexual Violence
- Crisis Intervention
- Outreach to Student Organizations
- Presentations and Workshops
- Psychiatric Medication Evaluation and Management
- Referrals to off-campus providers for specialized or intensive treatment
Counseling is free to all Bates students. The number of counseling sessions is based on student’s needs. Students and their counselor can decide what is most beneficial and how long to continue.