Fostering Cohorts and Mentoring
We will provide ways for students to develop their identity as scientists, support collaborative learning and strengthen the success of our students.
Examples of Activities:
- Revising the first semester of the STEM Scholars Program to serve as a first year seminar centered on STEM identity and community.
- Increasing the number of first generation STEM interested students who will have trained STEM faculty advisors
- Increasing accessibility to the STEM Scholars program by increasing the number of sections
- Implementing a sophomore STEM Scholars program
- Implementing Course Based Research Experience at the 100-level across the STEM curriculum