Mapping Etna Fileshare as a Network Drive
If you find yourself accessing Etna | Scholarship or Etna | Classes frequently, it is convenient to map your Etna directory as a lettered or named drive.
For Windows 7
- Select the Windows Button (generally the lower left hand corner of the screen).
- Select “Computer”. A new “Computer” dialog window should pop up.
- Select “Map Network Drive” from the “Computer” dialog window.
- On the “Map Network Drive” dialog box, select a drive letter for your mapped drive. The default “Z” is usually fine.
- In the “Folder” box, enter the netapp path to your Etna Scholarship directory (e.g. \\netapp\etna\Scholarship\[Firstname Lastname]).
- On the “Map Network Drive” window, the “Finish” button should now be active. Select “Finish”.
- Your newly mapped network drive should now be an option when you select “Computer” from the Windows button. If desired, you can create a shortcut for this mapped drive on your desktop.
- Select the “Go” dropdown navigation option from the navigation bar at the top of the desktop. Then select “Connect to Folder”.
- From the resulting “Connect to Server” window, enter the desired server address. For your folder on the Etna/Scholarship drive, you would provide something like “smb://netapp/Etna/Scholarship/[Firstname Lastname]”. Then select “Connect”.
- You should now be able to access your folders and files within your netapp/Etna space.