Monthly Giving Program
Simple and convenient, the Monthly Giving Program saves time and money – eliminating this hurried June ritual!
Giving Made Easy
The Bates College Monthly Giving Program offers a simple and convenient way to make regular monthly contributions to Bates that are posted to your credit card or checking account.
Bates is very grateful for each gift we receive, and we want to make it as simple as possible for you to support the college. The Monthly Giving Program means that each month, for the cost of a couple of movie tickets or a pint of gourmet ice cream, you could make your gift to Bates.
Giving through the Monthly Giving Program means you bypass Bates Fund appeals, saving the college money that can be directed to important on-campus programs. Since your gift is spread out over the course of the year, you essentially support the college all year long, and by making your commitment early in the giving year, you’re already counted among Bates’ most valued donors.
In addition, you may find you are able to give a more significant gift to Bates because your gift is divided into manageable monthly increments.
How Do I Participate?
To join the Monthly Giving program, you need only to decide how much you would like to contribute to Bates this year.
- Call us toll free at 1-888-522-8371, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.– 4:30p.m. We’ll help you sign up.
- Make your gift online and specifying your interest in the Monthly Giving Program here.
- Or print this Monthly Giving form, fill it out and send it to:
Advancement Office, Attn: Monthly Giving Program
2 Andrews Rd.
Lewiston ME 04240-6028.
Monthly giving via credit card can be activated immediately. Your gift will be posted to your Visa or MasterCard statement on the 15th of every month, and you will not receive any pledge reminders or phone calls.
Checking Account Transfers
To take advantage of electronic checking account deductions:
- Call us toll free at 1-888-522-8371, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30p.m. We’ll help you sign up.
- We will need either a voided check or voided deposit slip included with your signed Monthly Giving authorization form.
- Transfers will appear on your monthly bank statement approximately four weeks after the form is returned.
- Your monthly contribution will then be posted to your checking account on the 15th of each month, and should be deducted in your checkbook register.
- Whether you take advantage of the credit card or checking account deduction option, you may terminate this arrangement or change the monthly amount at any time by notifying the Advancement Office in writing.
How Does This Program Help Me?
Take advantage of giving by credit card and possibly earn bonuses like Frequent Flyer Miles. Save the time and effort of sending gifts through the mail. Have the flexibility to make a larger gift to Bates, since you can budget payments monthly. Lessen the amount of fundraising mail and phone calls you receive from Bates.
How Does This Program Help Bates?
The college will not send you additional appeal mailings; this helps Bates save both paper and postage. As your gifts come in monthly, they support the immediate needs of the college throughout the Fund year.