A 75-voice ensemble which gives two large concerts per year. Recent works performed include Mozart’s Requiem and Carl Orff’s Carmina Burana. Entrance by audition. Solos in these pieces are always performed by students, an unusual opportunity for talented vocalists.
Feel free to contact John Corrie, Director at email@example.com if you have further questions regarding the College Choir.
The Bates College Choir performs major choral works with orchestra at the end of each semester. To listen to the examples below use RealPlayer or Quicktime:
- Magnificat by Johann Sebastian Bach No. 1. Magnificat
- Requiem by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart No. 2. Kyrie
- Liebeslieder Waltzes by Johannes Brahms No. 6. Ein kleiner, hubscher Vogel nahm
- A Ceremony of Carols by Benjamin Britten No. 6. This little Babe
- A Ceremony of Carols by Benjamin Britten No. 9. Spring Carol
- Lux Aeterna by Morten Lauridsen No. 1. Introitus
- Carmina Burana by Carl Orff No. 1. O Fortuna
Jonathan Edwards & Don Campbell
Olin Arts Center 210: Widely known for his 1970s folk-pop hits 'Shanty' and 'Sunshine,' Edwards is a diverse artist who has explored country and blue…
Campus Consciousness Tour With Icona Pop, Five Knives, Lowell
Clifton Daggett Gray Ath. Bldg 111: As part of the 14th annual Campus Consciousness Tour, the Swedish duo known for the hit 'I Love It' performs at B…