From Idea to Funded Project
Step 1: The Idea
Do you have a great idea? A new study theme? A publication? An invention? A different way of looking at a problem?
Bates wants to help to turn your idea into a project that can be funded, and to do that, here are some framing questions:
- What problem will my idea solve? What will be different for my field/community?
- What specific tasks need to happen?
- Do I need anyone else’s help? If so, who?
- What resources will I need? (Note: This is not the same question as “How much money do I need?”)
- How much money do I need?
- How long will it take me to accomplish the tasks?
- How will I assess whether I have accomplished my goals?
- Who will benefit from this effort?
You may not know the answers to these questions, but if you have an idea, please be in touch with the Office of Sponsored Programs and Research Compliance. We can support you and work collaboratively to find answers that will help turn your ideas into fundable projects.