MaineShare provides significant support to organizations doing progressive social justice and root cause work in Maine. The organization also works to raise public awareness of their work. Your pledge supports an entire community of Maine organizations working for good health, environmental protection, human rights, and safe homes and communities.
Phone: (207) 622-0105
EXAMPLES OF HOW YOUR GIFT MAKES A DIFFERENCE:
(based on 26 pay periods a year)
- $1 per pay period ($26 per year)
– Provides hand lenses for Hog Island Seaside Explorers children’s program on Maine Audubon’s Hog Island/Todd Wildlife Sanctuary off the coast of Bremen.(MS)
– Will provide one Multiple Sclerosis client scholarship to attend a 6-week aquatics class. (CHCM)
– Provides transportation for one person to substance abuse counseling services for a year. (UW)
- $2 per pay period ($52 per year)
– Sends a school team of four educators to an MAAE professional development seminar in arts education.(MS)
– provides approximately 920 pounds of food to a food bank or 21 (UW) hot meals delivered to a homebound elderly person.
-provides a child with 10 weeks of child care. (UW)