Welcome to the SEO
The Bates College Student Employment Office (SEO) provides students with opportunities to enrich their growth by acquiring part-time positions on or off campus. Many jobs teach students the basics of working in an office environment which includes being able to: organize books, packages and files, coordinate meetings and events and learn different computer programs. Students gain skills that they can take with them after Bates and into another professional setting.
To get started, follow the Student Employment Flowchart.
How Do I Find a Job?
1. Students are encouraged to frequently look at the list of positions by logging in to their account on Handshake. Handshake gets updated when there are new job opportunities.
- Log onto Handshake
- On the top of the page click “Jobs”
- On the left-hand side of the page click “Job Type”
- Under “Job Type” click “On Campus Student Employment”
2. Students should also join the SEO On-Call list which notifies those on the on-call list via email when new opportunities, including off campus opportunities, become available.
How to subscribe to the seo-oncall google group:
1. Web: Click on the link below and click on the blue “Join Group” icon. You will not receive a confirmation email.
2. Email: Send an email from your Bates email account to email@example.com (note that no subject or body message is necessary). Then, you will receive a confirmation email. To complete the request, click “join group.”
How to unsubscribe to the seo-oncall google group:
1. Send an email from your Bates email account to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a confirmation email to inform you that the action was successful.