Gear Rental Policy
Bates College Outing Club Equipment Room Rental and Renewal Policies:
How to rent:
- We recommend making reservations ahead of time to ensure the gear you want is available
- To reserve gear, go to https://www.bates.edu/outing-club/about/e-room/
- Choose your pick up date and rental period in the box in the top left of the rental interface
- Scroll through items and add any desired items to your cart
- Click on the cart icon in the top right corner to complete your reservation
- If it is your first time borrowing gear, you will need to make an account, if you have rented before you can login with the information you chose
- Complete your reservation!
- There are a small number of personal items that are available for purchase, if you have added one of these items you will be required to check out with PayPal
- If you’re not sure what gear you need, no worries! Come by during E-Room hours and the E-Room Managers will be happy to advise and help you rent the gear on site.
- All rentals are free of charge
- All rentals are limited to a maximum of 1 week from date of rental.
- The renter assumes all financial responsibility for lost, stolen, or damaged equipment.
- Damage that happens when using gear in an appropriate manner and regular wear and tear are not subject to charges
- Any gear charges will be billed directly to your student billing account with the college
- Failure to return gear on time will result in the following consequences
- First offense – warning
- Second offense – 2 week suspension of rental privileges
- Third offense – loss of rental privileges for the remainder of the semester
- Any gear that is not returned within 6 weeks of check out will result in the student being charged the full replacement cost for that item (see below)
- The E-Room is not responsible for any injury caused while using gear. It is your responsibility to rent gear that you are familiar with and to use gear according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
Items may be renewed at additional 1 week intervals for no additional deposit granted that the following procedure is followed:
- The item(s) must be returned to the E-Room in the first 15 minutes of the rental hour.
- The item(s) must be made available for rent by someone else for 30 minutes.
If still available, the item(s) may be rented for another week in the last 15 minutes of the hour.
Cost of Replacement:
|Alpine/Tele Skis||$350||Ski Helmet||$75|
|Alpine Poles||$30||Nordic skis||$150|
|Snowboard boots||$150||Nordic poles||$30|
|Sleeping bag||$100||Sleeping pad||$20|
|Winter sleeping bag||$150||Winter tent||$400|
|Tent||2p- $200, 4p- $300, 6p- $400||Backpack||$125|
|Climbing harness||$75||Climbing shoes||$60|
|Climbing helmet||$50||ATC and locking carabiner||$25|
|Stove + Fuel||Whisperlite- $110, Coleman- $50||Sled/Toboggan||Sled- $25, Toboggan- $200|
Summer – $200, Winter – $350
|Wetsuit accessories||Gloves – $50, booties – $50|
Certain specialized equipment not listed above. But feel free to ask the E-room directors.
Please note, wet suits and mountain bikes are now housed in the E-room.