Graduate School Advice
Considering graduate school? Be sure to check out these useful resources and tips from our faculty.
- Alex Borgella offers “I wish I would have known…” advice in his Grad School 101 essay.
- Here are a few suggestions on how to become a Grad School Superstar.
- Amy Bradfield Douglass suggests these two resources for students interested in forensic or legal psychology:
- Burl, J., Shah, S., Filone, S., Foster, E., & DeMatteo, D. (2012). A Survey of Graduate Training Programs and Coursework in Forensic Psychology. Teaching Of Psychology, 39(1), 48-53.
- APA’s Guide to Graduate Programs in Forensic and Legal Psychology
- Landrum, et all (2022) offers results of a survey of psychology graduate school admissions directors focusing on which application mistakes are most common and most “fatal” to the applicants. A great read if you want to avoid these pitfalls!
The American Psychological Association (APA) is hosting a series of webinars aimed at helping students learn more about how to apply to graduate school.The intro video for the series is a fantastic overview of different types of graduate programs and degree options, master’s vs doctoral programs, what funding can look like, and more.