ILS: Help Desk Technology Assistant (S9710B)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
The Help Desk Technology Assistant will be responsible for providing customer and technical computing assistance to clients within the Bates College Community. The Technology Assistant will work closely with the Help Desk Services Team and Senior Student Technology Assistants to provide superior assistance to the members of the college community. As a Technology Assistant, you will be responsible for troubleshooting, researching and resolving issues related to computer hardware, and software.
Specific responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Researches, resolves, and responds to client service requests within a timely manner.
- Works closely with the Help Desk Services Team to develop and maintain high levels of quality services and documentation.
- Analyzes hardware, software, and networking problems, and then decides on the action to be taken.
- Provides services during evenings and weekends when required
- Dispatches other resources as necessary.
- Communicates critical information to the Help Desk Services Team, Help Desk Services Support Partners and Management concerning system interruptions and problems.
- Participates in team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of Help Desk Services.
- Participates in Help Desk Services monthly team meetings, and professional growth training.
- Troubleshoots and maintains all printer related issues
- Maintains professional and courteous behavior to all clients and coworkers
- Maintains clean and sanitary work space
- Other duties as assigned.