ADV: Reunion Bates Star Assistant Coordinator (S9805X)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
Bates Reunion Weekend is a four-day signature campus event. Over 1,000 alumni and friends from 14 reunioning classes return to campus to reconnect, reminisce, and celebrate their Bates experience. Reunion BatesStars’ primary responsibilities are to (1) interact with alumni and serve as a positive Bates ambassador and (2) help the Advancement staff execute a smooth and memorable weekend.
In addition to the regular BatesStar responsibilities, Assistant Coordinators help the Advancement Reunion staff and BatesStar Coordinator prepare for Reunion and have specific leadership responsibilities.
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
• Assist Reunion preparation by setting up signage, supplies, and decorations (off-campus travel may be required).
• Work the week before Reunion to prepare packets for alumni (late work hours may be required).
• Assist with general BatesStar training during orientation.
• Serve as resource for alumni and fellow BatesStars, and direct questions and concerns to the BatesStar Coordinator and Advancement staff.
• Perform assorted clerical duties as needed.
In addition, Reunion BatesStar Assistant Coordinators are responsible for the following general BatesStar responsibilities:
• Serve as a knowledgeable resource and college ambassador to alumni and their families.
• Exhibit a professional, helpful and flexible attitude; expect to be a representative of the Advancement Office and Bates and willing to help at a moment’s notice.
• Work at the Registration Center, welcoming alumni as they arrive on campus, checking them in, and fielding questions.
• Serve as a class host and stay in assigned dorms, helping to meet the class’ needs regarding supplies, decorations, and amenities.
• Assist in preparation, set-up, and running of class and college-sponsored programs.
• Transport alumni across campus via golf cart (if you are not a licensed driver, please note this in your interview).
• Food and accommodations are provided to all BatesStars during Reunion Weekend