Power in Numbers
Achieving these kinds of results requires the support of many dedicated Bates volunteers, and our gratitude is beyond measure.
- Strong leadership from the Bates Fund Executive Committee contributed to the growth of our volunteer program.
- The work of Class Agents accounted for 35 percent of Bates Fund gifts received.
- Nationally, Bates’ one-year gain in dollars ranks fourth among a peer group of 17 liberal arts colleges.
- Our Mount David Society donors raised a record $4.76 million, accounting for 75% of the Bates Fund.
- More than 500 Bates volunteer solicitors helped spread the word about annual giving.
Bates gifts ending June 30, 2012, totaled more than $12.2 million.
Invested in perpetuity, the endowment provides annual financial support for bedrock Bates programs.
Spendable gifts, not including endowment gifts, totaled nearly $9 million.