BCDC: Office Assistant (S9936B)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
The BCDC Office Assistants collaborate closely with BCDC professional staff to provide premium customer service to students, alumni, employers, and other constituents. This position offers an excellent opportunity for students to develop communication, marketing and organization skills, and to gain an understanding of the BCDC career and internship resources, services, and opportunities.
Successful applicants will be hired and trained this spring, and will resume work when the fall semester begins.
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Greet visitors with exemplary customer service when covering the front desk
- Answer the phone
- Schedule student/alumni appointments
- Post job and internship positions in JobCat and LACN databases
- Host evening employer information sessions
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Copy and collate projects
- Provide on campus pickups and deliveries
- Locates resources in the library
- Other tasks as assigned
Special project areas may include:
- Pre-health tracking of applicants; research local shadowing opportunities; collect data on acceptances
- Marketing of BCDC sponsored events in weekly bulletin, social media, monitor slides, and posters
Other duties and desired attributes include:
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop marketing strategies to effectively promote BCDC events
- Provide support for a wide range of everyday office tasks, special projects and events
- Demonstrate reliability, flexibility, attention to detail, and a good sense of humor.
To get an inside look at the role, please check out this interview:
TO APPLY: Please apply through JobCat by March 8, 2015. (Do not apply via the link below.) Please submit a cover letter that conveys your interest and outlines your qualifications, contact information for two references (preferably professional and/or academic), and information about your availability to interview (days and times) this semester. Students who are currently abroad may apply and should indicate availability to interview via phone/Skype on Eastern Standard Time. Application review will begin immediately.