BCDC: Office Assistant (S9936B)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
The BCDC Office Assistants collaborate closely with BCDC staff members to provide premium customer service to students, alumni, employers, and other constituents. This position offers an excellent opportunity for students to develop communication, marketing and organization skills, and to gain an understanding of the BCDC career and internship resources, services, and opportunities. Other duties and desired attributes include:
- Develop and implement creative ideas for promotional posters and campaigns.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop marketing strategies to effectively promote BCDC events.
- Provide support for a wide range of everyday office tasks, special projects, and events.
- Demonstrate reliability, flexibility, attention to detail, and a good sense of humor
TO APPLY: Please apply through JobCat by February 16, 2014. You will need to submit a resume, a cover letter that conveys your interest and outlines your qualifications, contact information for two references (preferably professional and/or academic), and information about your availability to interview (days and times). Application review will begin immediately.
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Greet visitors with exemplary customer service when covering the front desk
- Answer the phone
- Schedule student appointments
- Market and promote all campus events sponsored by the BCDC
- Design posters and brochures to advertise events
- Host evening employer information sessions
- Post job and internship positions in the JobCat and LACN databases
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Word processing
- Copy and collate projects
- Provide on campus pickups and deliveries
- Locates resources in the library
- Other tasks as assigned