FS: Grounds Keeper (S9755C)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
The Grounds Keepers will help maintain the appearance and safety of the Bates College campus.
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Rakes, collects, and disposes of leaves from campus grounds
- Cleans and maintains tennis courts
- Preparation and maintenance of all athletic fields
- Responsible for setups to include portable stages for various campus-sponsored events
- Performs miscellaneous furniture-moving throughout campus
- Trash removal and recyclable collection
- Shovels snow from sidewalks, fire exits, and entrances
- Other duties as assigned
Department: Facility Services
Supervisor: John Griffiths
Office Location: 147 Russell Street
Pay Grade: C
Qualifications, Requirements, and Responsibilities
A training session for Grounds Keepers will be provided.
All Grounds Keepers report to the Grounds Supervisor and work closely with other student Grounds Keepers.
Grounds Keepers work outside in all types of weather conditions. They must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 60lbs for short distances. They will also often use motorized grounds equipment (i.e. lawn mowers).