FS: Mays Center Building Manager (S9758C)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
The Building Manager will interview, hire, oversee and dismiss Monitors if necessary. He or she must be familiar with the policies governing these procedures and must be able to arrange for coverage for the building. The Building Manager must be familiar with and enforce the adherence to the MSDS (Maine Safety Data Sheets). This student must also be able to arrange for coverage in the event that a scheduled person is ill, etc. In the event that a replacement Monitor cannot be found, then it is the responsibility of the Building Manager(s) to cover the necessary hours. The building must be staffed at the designated times. The Building Manager will also review and post the blue slips and activity slips for all events taking place in the facility. The Building Manager is required to be familiar with scheduled events. He or she will periodically review the work of every Monitor/Custodian, by visiting the building hours during their shifts.
The Building Manager will also hire and supervise monitors. Supervisory responsibilities include:
- Informing all Monitors of their responsibilities (refer to the position description). The Building Manager must stress the importance of the Monitor position.
- Notifying the Monitors/Custodians of the training session.
- Informing the Monitors of the cleaning products and the techniques that must be followed.
- In the event that a Monitor is hired after the training sessions have been held, it will be the Building Manager’s responsibility to train the newly hired individual.
- The Building Manager must be available to meet with the Monitors on a regular basis to discuss any problems and concerns.
- The Building Manager will meet with the supervisor weekly.