THE: Costume Stitcher (S9610A)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
The Costume Stitcher assists Costume Manager and more experienced Costume Shop workers in the creation of costumes for stage productions in both Theater and Dance.
Specific responsibilities may include, but may not be limited to:
- Constructs made-to-order garments and alters garments and scenic soft goods
- Attends fittings to assist and take notes for Costume Manager or Costume Designer when needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by Costume Manager
- Assists in the maintenance of the Costume Stock
- Assists as a Dresser for stage productions when necessary
- Assists in the maintenance of costumes during the production period, including repairs, laundry, shoe polishing, etc.
Supervisor: Carol Farrell
Office Location: 101 Pettigrew Hall
Pay Grade: A
Qualifications, Requirements, and Responsibilities
The Costume Stitcher must have solid skills in sewing and altering garments, including knowledge of hand sewing techniques and experience using standard sewing equipment, and must possess an aptitude for acquiring more advanced skills specific to costuming.
The Costume Stitcher reports to the Costume Manager. She/he will also work closely with other student workers in the Costume Shop.
The Costume Shop is a busy, good-vibes zone where industrial sewing machines and iron are in constant use. Workers need to be self motivated and unphased by constantly shifting duties.