Academic Research Positions

During the academic year, and most often during the summer, many professors hire students to work with them on a research project. Student Academic Research Assistant positions are not always advertised through the Student Employment Office. Information¬†for such positions can be found at the Dean of the Faculty’s Office.

Student Research Assistants are often paid via grant money. However, if a faculty member hires a student as a Research Assistant who is going to be paid from the department’s employee budget rather than from grant money, the student will be paid at a grade C pay level. Furthermore, like any other student worker, Research Assistants must have their Bates Work Card and must complete an electronic timesheet on Garnet Gateway.