1098-T Frequently Asked Questions
When will I receive my 1098-T?
1098-T forms are mailed to home mailing addresses at the end of January each year. You can obtain an electronic copy of your 1098-T beginning in mid-January.
How do I obtain an electronic copy of my 1098-T?
To retrieve your 1098-T form electronically:
- Launch a web browser and go to Maximus (Internet Explorer 9 users may need to use Compatibility View)
- Click the Login or First Time Students button.
- Enter the last 5 digit of your social security number AND your full first and last name, then click the Next button.
- If records are present for you, you will be instructed to create an account, if you have not already done so. Follow the instructions on the website to create a free account and retrieve your 1098-T. When you are prompted to enter an email address to receive your PIN, please be sure to use an address you check frequently.
- Your 1098-T will not be mailed to you if you choose to receive it electronically. However, you may return to the website as often as necessary to print additional copies
Why didn’t I receive a 1098-T?
Students who receive scholarship and grant aid in excess of qualified charges billed are not eligible to receive a 1098-T.
Does my Study Abroad program provide a 1098-T for the tuition they charge?
You will need to check with the study abroad provider about whether they provide a 1098-T for your program. If the program does not provide a 1098-T, you will have a copy of the invoice that shows charges and amounts paid.
My 1098-T form doesn’t have a Social Security number – why?
Bates did not have a social security number on file.