Here to Help
Welcome. Bates College values the diversity of persons, perspectives, and convictions and is committed to providing a non-discriminatory and harassment-free educational, living and working environment for all members of the Bates community.
The Office of Title IX and Civil Rights Compliance works to promote a community characterized by trust, mutual respect, and responsibility where all can feel secure and free from bias and discrimination in the classroom, in social, recreational, and residential environments, and in the workplace. Working together with partners across campus, the Director of Title IX & Civil Rights Compliance/Title IX Coordinator provides assistance and support to any Bates community member who experiences bias, harassment, or discrimination based upon any measure of identity, including race, gender, ability, religion, and national origin.
We’re here to help.
The Title IX Team is trained to receive, respond to, and resolve reports of bias, harassment and discrimination that affect Bates community members. Title IX Team members have robust additional training in supporting those individuals reporting sexual harassment, including sexual assault, stalking, and domestic and dating violence.
We can help you:
- Obtain confidential support and connect you with resources;
- Access protective measures such as No Contact Orders;
- By arranging for supportive measures, such as academic, housing, work, or transportation changes or remedies;
- By responding to allegations of retaliation;
- File a criminal complaint with local law enforcement; and
- By providing clear and accurate information regarding our policies and procedures and your rights under the Equal Opportunity, Non-Discrimination, and Anti-Harassment Policy and Title IX
More information about the Title IX Team is available here.