Here to Help
Welcome. Bates College values the diversity of persons, perspectives, and convictions and is committed to providing a non-discriminatory and harassment-free educational, living and working environment for all members of the Bates community.
The Office of Title IX and Civil Rights Compliance works to promote a community characterized by trust, mutual respect, and responsibility where all can feel secure and free from bias and discrimination in the classroom, in social, recreational, and residential environments, and in the workplace. Working together with partners across campus, the Director of Title IX & Civil Rights Compliance/Title IX Coordinator provides assistance and support to any Bates community member who experiences bias, harassment, or discrimination based upon any measure of identity, including race, gender, ability, religion, and national origin.
We’re here to help.
Information, Resources, and Support for Survivors
Resources and support are available for any Bates community member experiencing bias, harassment, or discrimination. The links below direct you to how we can help.
- Sexual Harassment and Sexual Assault
- Racial Injustice
- LGBTQ+ Concerns
- Problems with Accessibility
- Bias Based on National Origin
- Other Identity-Based Bias
Make a Report
In order to encourage reporting and to assist with accessing support, individuals reporting incidents of harassment or sexual violence receive amnesty from discipline for violations of the college’s drug and alcohol policy, as well as the public health agreement, around the time of the incident.
You may also report anonymously using this form.
For more information on making a report:
- Sexual harassment, sexual assault, stalking, or dating or domestic violence;
- Bias, discrimination, or harassment, based on any characteristic of identity;
- To local law enforcement.
Policies and Procedures
- Equal Opportunity, Non-Discrimination, and Anti-Harassment Policy (includes Sexual Harassment and Sexual Assault)
- Title IX Information
- Non-Discrimination Policy Statement
- Non-Retaliation Policy
- No Contact Order Policy
- LGBTQ+ Statement