The Title IX Team
Who We Are
Title IX Coordinator
Gwen Lexow, Director of Title IX and Civil Rights Compliance
207-786-6445 | Lane Hall 202A
Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Students
Erin Foster Zsiga, Senior Associate Dean of Students
207-786- 6215 | Lane Hall 104
Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Faculty
Aslaug Asgeirsdottir, Assoc. Dean of the Faculty
207-786- 6472 | Lane Hall 120
Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Staff
Melissa Benoit, Manager of HR Partner Services
207-786-6935 | 215 College Street
Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Athletics
Celine Cunningham, Senior Associate Director of Athletics
207-786- 6342 | Alumni Gym
How We Can Help
We can help you:
- Obtain confidential support and connect you with resources;
- Access protective measures such as No Contact Orders;
- By arranging for supportive measures, such as academic, housing, work, or transportation changes or remedies;
- By responding to allegations of retaliation;
- File a criminal complaint with local law enforcement; and
- By providing clear and accurate information regarding our policies and procedures and your rights under the Equal Opportunity, Non-Discrimination, and Anti-Harassment Policy and Title IX.
The Title IX Team is trained to receive, respond to, and resolve reports of bias, harassment and discrimination that affect Bates community members. Title IX Team members have robust additional training in supporting those individuals reporting sexual harassment, including sexual assault, stalking, and domestic and dating violence.
Our role is to eliminate, prevent, and redress all known instances of bias, harassment and discrimination, including sexual violence, stalking, and relationship violence.
We are charged with investigating and resolving reported misconduct and other gender-equity concerns; supporting the people involved; implementing measures to maintain campus safety; and promoting everyone’s ability to live and learn in an environment free from harassment and discrimination.
The individuals listed below can a) provide information regarding the college’s policies and procedures; b) assist in accessing other support services; and c) help arrange for supportive measures or other remedies. While not bound by confidentiality, these resources will maintain the privacy of an individual’s information within the limited circle of those who need to know to assist with providing support services or resolving a report.