Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
Bates Reunion Weekend is a signature campus event. Over 1,000 alumni and friends from 14 reunion classes return to campus to reconnect, reminisce, and celebrate their Bates experience. Reunion Weekend takes place June 8-11. Reunion BatesStars’ primary responsibilities are to (1) interact with alumni and serve as a positive Bates ambassador and (2) help the Advancement staff execute a smooth and memorable weekend.
Lane Hall 303
Qualifications, Requirements, and Responsibilities
Each BatesStar is assigned to a specific class in addition to other responsibilities — BatesStars can expect to be on-call throughout the weekend. Year after year, alumni say that connecting with BatesStars is a highlight of their Reunion experience, so it’s important that BatesStars have excellent customer service skills and lots of energy.
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
• Serve as a knowledgeable resource and college ambassador to alumni and their families.
• Exhibit a professional, helpful and flexible attitude; expect to be a representative of the Advancement Office and Bates and be willing to help at a moment’s notice.
• Work at the Registration Center, welcoming alumni as they arrive on campus, checking them in, and fielding questions.
• Serve as a class host and stay in assigned dorms, helping to meet the class’ needs regarding supplies, decorations, and amenities.
• Assist in the preparation, set-up, and running of class and college-sponsored programs.
• Transport alumni across campus via golf cart
• The minimum time requirement is June 7-June 11, 2023.
• Food and accommodations are provided to all BatesStars during Reunion Weekend.
REQUIRED: Driver’s license preferred
EDUCATION: Current Bates Student
EXPERIENCE: Administrative work
Reports to: Elizah Laurenceau, Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement, Identity and Affinity Programs
Coordinates with: Advancement Reunion Staff, BatesStar Coordinators, and Alumni.
Environment: Lane Hall until Reunion Weekend
Travel Requirements: Walk across campus as requested, and carry supplies.