Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
Bates Reunion Weekend is a signature campus event. Over 1,000 alumni and friends from 14 reunion classes return to campus to reconnect, reminisce, and celebrate their Bates experience. Reunion Weekend will expand over two back to back weekends in June this year. Reunion Plus is June 3-5 and will honor classes of 2015, 2016, 1995, 1996, and the class of 2020. The following weekend is Reunion 2022, June 10-12, and honors alumni classes ending in 2s and 7s, as well as 1970 and 1971. Reunion BatesStars’ primary responsibilities are to (1) interact with alumni and serve as a positive Bates ambassador and (2) help the Advancement staff execute a smooth and memorable weekend.
Each BatesStar is assigned to a specific class in addition to other responsibilities — BatesStars can expect to be on-call throughout the weekend. Year after year, alumni say that connecting with BatesStars is a highlight of their Reunion experience, so it’s important that BatesStars have excellent customer service skills and lots of energy.
Lane Hall 303
Qualifications, Requirements, and Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
• Serve as a knowledgeable resource and college ambassador to alumni and their families.
• Exhibit a professional, helpful and flexible attitude; expect to be a representative of the Advancement Office and Bates and willing to help at a moment’s notice.
• Work at the Registration Center, welcoming alumni as they arrive on campus, checking them in, and fielding questions.
• Serve as a class host and stay in assigned dorms, helping to meet the class’ needs regarding supplies, decorations, and amenities.
• Assist in preparation, set-up, and running of class and college-sponsored programs.
• Transport alumni across campus via golf cart
• The minimum time requirement is June 1-June 12, 2022.
• Food and accommodations are provided to all BatesStars during Reunion Weekends.
REQUIRED: Driver’s license
EDUCATION: Current Bates Student
EXPERIENCE: Administrative work
Reports to: Elizah Laurenceau, Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement, Identity and Affinity Programs
Coordinates with: Advancement Reunion Staff, BatesStar Coordinator, and Alumni.
Environment: Lane Hall until Reunion Weekend
Travel Requirements: Walk across campus as requested, climb stairs.