ADV: Reunion Bates Star (S9995X)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
Bates Reunion Weekend is a four-day signature campus event. Over 1,000 alumni and friends from 14 reunioning classes return to campus to reconnect, reminisce, and celebrate their Bates experience. Reunion BatesStars’ primary responsibilities are to (1) interact with alumni and serve as a positive Bates ambassador and (2) help the Advancement staff execute a smooth and memorable weekend.
Each BatesStar is assigned to a specific class in addition to other responsibilities — BatesStars can expect to be on-call throughout the weekend. Year after year, alumni say that connecting with BatesStars is a highlight of their Reunion experience, so it’s important that BatesStars have excellent customer service skills, a positive attitude, and lots of energy.
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
• Serve as a knowledgeable resource and college ambassador to alumni and their families.
• Exhibit a professional, helpful and flexible attitude; expect to be a representative of the Advancement Office and Bates and willing to help at a moment’s notice.
• Work at the Registration Center, welcoming alumni as they arrive on campus, checking them in, and fielding questions.
• Serve as a class host and stay in assigned dorms, helping to meet the class’ needs regarding supplies, decorations, and amenities.
• Assist in preparation, set-up, and running of class and college-sponsored programs.
• Transport alumni across campus via golf cart (if you are not a licensed driver, please note this in your interview).
• The minimum time requirement is Wednesday, June 5 through Sunday, June 9.
• Food and accommodations are provided to all BatesStars during Reunion Weekend.