The Student Writing and Language Center welcomes collaboration with faculty. Faculty are encouraged to offer office hours in the Peer Learning Commons. Professional staff are available to discuss collaborative teaching and to develop and host workshops. We train course attached and course aware tutors in addition to our subject-specialized tutors.
- The PLC Info Sheet offers a quick overview of the hours and services available in the Peer Learning Commons through our center, as well as SASC.
- The SWLC Talking Points document highlights key information to share with your students.
- Incorporate information about the SWLC into your syllabus using these Syllabus Blurbs.
- If you would like students to reflect on or prove to you that they visited a tutor in the SWLC, use this process memo, which also encourages metacognition (i.e. students reflect on their writing process).
- Do you have–or are you planning to have–a Course Attached Tutor for Writing, or W-CAT, in your First Year Seminar? This overview of the W-CAT position may be helpful.
- If you would like to hold Office Hours in the Peer Learning Commons, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule that.
All FYS courses have a Writing Course Attached Tutor (W-CAT). The PDF below lists the W-CATs for each Fall 2023 FYS.
Our Writing & Language Tutors have interdisciplinary specialities. The PDF below lists the subject matter specialties of our Fall 2023 Writing & Language Tutors.