COM: Social Media Associate (S99991)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
Are you a social media maven? Are you interested in helping tell Bates College’s story on social media? Come join the Communications team!
The Bates Communications Office is looking for a social media associate to help support the college’s social media presence. The Social Media Associate will perform the following duties in addition to developing, creating and proposing their own social media campaign for Bates.
– Research key moments in Bates history
– Research Bates Alumni success stories
– Brainstorm new ideas for campaigns to further communications goals
– Prepare emerging trends reports
– Prepare and analyze social analytics reports
– Survey Bates students regarding their current social media consumption and habits
– Work to expand the active student body audience of the College’s core social media properties
Supervisor: David Ernst
Office Location: 145 Nichols Street
Qualifications, Requirements, and Responsibilities
- Knowledge and use of major social media platforms, including, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Microsoft Office suite and/or Google Docs, especially Excel/Sheets
- Some knowledge of video editing workflows (iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer)
- Applicants should be prepared to show a portfolio of their work through any social media accounts they manage, be they personal, college club-related, academic or other.
- Experience with social media scheduling dashboard software such as HootSuite, SproutSocial, Buffer, TweetDeck or others.
- Working or advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, InDesign)
- Interest in digital photography, photo or video
- including DSLR use and workflows
- HD Camcorder use and workflows
- Interest and experience with emerging immersive video content such as GoPro and/or 360 cameras
Reports to: David Ernst, Digital Media Specialist
Coordinates/Works Closely with: Nicholas O'Brien, Director, Digital Communications
Computer and desk setup. Must have the ability to walk around campus and occasionally carry camera and video equipment. (estimated max 20-25 lbs)