Off-campus Study for Majors

Many chemistry majors study abroad if they plan ahead for their required coursework.

We recommend that students complete Chem 107/108, 217/218, Math 105/106, and Phys 107/108 by the end of the sophomore year. In addition, students should complete Chem 215 (for fall study abroad) and/or Chem 212 (for winter study abroad) by the end of the sophomore year.

Students who study in an English speaking country may transfer credits with prior approval by the Chemistry and Biochemistry Department Chair. Students who study in a country where instruction is not in English will find it easier not to take chemistry courses while abroad.