BWA Supervisor Verification

After you have completed the Bates Work Authorization (BWA) process and your employee record has been created, you will have access to your electronic BWA card on Garnet GatewayStudents must have their BWA before starting to work in an on-campus position.

Students must send their supervisor verification of their Bates Work Authorization. They can do this through Garnet Gateway by clicking on the Employees tab. In the Student Employee section, you will see your Bates Work Authorization. Please remember that you must send your authorization to the supervisor for each job you begin.

Students eligible for Federal Work-Study or Bates Work-Study will have “WS” in the bottom right corner of the card.