In order to get paid, student workers must record the hours they work on an electronic time sheet located on Garnet Gateway.
Electronic Time Sheet:
Below are directions for students to input the hours they have worked on their electronic time sheet.
1. LOG IN TO GARNET GATEWAY.
2. SELECT EMPLOYEE MENU on the main menu bar.
3. SELECT TIME SHEET. The job title or titles of the position(s) you work will be listed.
4. SELECT THE POSITION you would like to enter hours for.
5. CLICK ON THE TIME SHEET button below. You will now see your electronic time sheet on the screen. Please Note: The first week of the pay period will show up first. You can enter the hours you worked for the second week of the pay period by selecting Next.
6. CLICK ON THE ENTER HOURS button to enter the hours you worked on each given day of the pay period. If you did not work on a given day, leave the day blank (you do not have to type in a zero).
7. SAVE CHANGES once you have entered your hours for a given day.
8. SUBMIT YOUR TIME SHEET by clicking Submit for Approval after the end of the two week pay period. Please Note: Do not submit your time sheet until you have finished working throughout the two week pay period. Once submitted, you cannot access/edit your time sheet.
9. REVIEW YOUR HOURS. Make sure that you submit your hours correctly because your supervisors will review your time sheet.
10. GET PAID. If you have recorded the correct amount of hours for the work period, your supervisor/approver will approve your time sheet and submit it to the Payroll Office for you to be paid. Your pay will be directly deposited into your bank account. Visit Direct Deposit for more information.
The student payroll is on a bi-weekly schedule. Visit the 2020 Student Payroll Calendar for a list of this year’s pay periods
Students must submit their time sheet by 11:59PM on Saturday, the last day of the pay period.
Forgot to submit your time sheet?
Students who forget to fill out or submit their electronic time sheet by 11:59 pm on the Saturday following the pay period end date must have their supervisors submit an electronic paper time sheet for them. For your supervisor to be able to fill out the Adobe Sign Time Sheet on your behalf, you must email them the following information:
- The Reason Why You Need a Paper Time Sheet: forgot to fill out time sheet, don’t have a time sheet on Garnet Gateway, etc.
- Your Legal First and Last Name: Jane Doe
- Your Bates Student ID #: 000000000
- Your Position #: S9857C
- Your Position Title: SEO Coordinator
- The Dates and Hours You Worked: 4/11/20 2 hours; 4/12/20 2 hours
If you do not know your position number or position title, you can find the information on your Garnet Gateway Timesheet. In the example below, the student’s position title is underlined in red and their position number is circled in blue:
Note: If you forget to submit their electronic time sheet three times, you can be subject to termination of employment