Barlow Photo Exhibit
If you have studied off-campus (semester or year abroad, FSA, Off-Campus Short Term), we encourage you to submit a photo to:
the Sixteenth Annual Off-Campus Study
We are looking for geographic and subject diversity, color and b&w, point&shooters and photo artistes. Pictures in which you are visible are welcome, as are pictures that highlight the academic and the immersion aspects of your study abroad experience. Please avoid photos which are intrusive, culturally insensitive, or just plain tacky.
The exhibit will consist of 50+ photos chosen from among the entries by an extraordinarily compassionate jury of your peers. The photos will be enlarged and matted (we pay for this) and hung in the Pettengill Atrium. At the conclusion of the show, the enlarged and matted photos will be returned to the submitters. There will be an official Opening Reception in the Pettengill Atrium on Thursday, March 31.
- Deadline for submission is Noon on Thursday, February 4. (This is a FIRM deadline)
- To maximize enlargement quality: digital photos only (you can scan a print); recommended minimum size: 3MG; image resolution: 1600×1200. Please see me if you have any questions about these guidelines.
- One entry per person
- The Exhibit is in the Pettengill Atrium from March 31 – April 14
How To Submit:
Please upload your photo at the Photo Submission web page. In the description box, please include:
- Class Year
- Study Abroad Program & Dates
- A description of your photo in 100 words or less. (Location, date, subject, personal story. NB: your story is for public consumption)
- Permission to Bates College to use your photo in its print and electronic publications on a non-exclusive basis at no charge, with permission to edit if needed.
Do not hit the submit button until you have both uploaded the photo AND the requested information. Your submission is incomplete without the five items.