Barlow Photo Exhibit
If you have studied off-campus (semester or year abroad, FSA, Off-Campus Short Term), we encourage you to submit a photo to:
the Fourteenth Annual Off-Campus Study
We are looking for geographic and subject diversity, color and b&w, point&shooters and photo artistes. Pictures in which you are visible are welcome, as are pictures that highlight the academic and the immersion aspects of your study abroad experience. Please avoid pictures which run the risk of promoting cultural imperialism, tourism, sunsets, or tackiness.
The exhibit will consist of 50+ photos chosen from among the entries by an extraordinarily compassionate jury of your peers. The photos will be enlarged and matted (we pay for this) and hung in the Pettengill Atrium. At the conclusion of the show, the enlarged and matted photos will be returned to the submitters. There will be an official Opening Reception in the Pettengill Atrium on Thursday, March 27.
- Deadline for submission is Noon on Friday, February 7. (This is a FIRM deadline)
- To maximize enlargement quality: digital photos only (you can scan a print); recommended minimum size: 3MG; image resolution: 1600×1200. Please see me if you have any questions about these guidelines.
- One entry per person
- The Exhibit is in the Pettengill Atrium from March 27 – April 10
How To Submit:
Please upload your photo at the web page: <http://www.bates.edu/offcampus/return/life-beyond-credit/photo-submission/>. In the description box, please include:
- Class Year
- Study Abroad Program & Dates
- A description of your photo in 100 words or less. (Location, date, subject, personal story. NB: your story is for public consumption)
- Permission to the Off-Campus Study Office to use your photo in College publications, both print and electronic.
Do not hit the submit button until you have both uploaded the photo AND written the description.