International Student Orientation
All incoming Bates students receive an extensive orientation upon arrival that will introduce you to campus and community, academics and life-at-Bates, and important information about higher education and the liberal arts that will help guide your time at Bates and beyond. In addition, international students receive an orientation specific to transitioning to life in the US, and at Bates. Session topics that are listed below will be made available prior to the start of the academic year. You will be contacted directly with information about additional events.
Virtual sessions will include:
- Virtual campus/building tours
- Information on:
- immigration policies and rules
- healthcare in the US and Bates services
- US campus life and Bates social life
- Jobs and employment on campus
- Social class and U.S. culture
- Practical questions sessions
- Preparing for academic life
- Opportunities to connect with upper-class international students
This page will be updated with 2020 International Student Orientation activities. Stay tuned! If you have any questions, please contact Dean Reese (email@example.com).