International Circle Orientation
All incoming Bates students receive an extensive orientation upon arrival that will introduce you to campus and community, academics and life-at-Bates, and important information about higher education and the liberal arts that will help guide your time at Bates and beyond.
In addition, international students receive an orientation specific to transitioning to life in the U.S., and at Bates. You will be contacted directly with information about the structure and attending International Circle Orientation.
International Circle Orientation will run from August 28 to August 30 for Fall 2023. Please plan for an arrival on August 28, formal sessions will begin on the 28th at 5:00PM. More information will be sent directly to students from Housing and Associate Dean James Reese.
International Circle Orientation sessions include:
- Campus/building and local tours
- Information on:
- immigration policies and rules
- healthcare in the U.S. and Bates services
- U.S. campus life and Bates social life
- Jobs and employment on campus
- Social class and U.S. culture
- Practical questions sessions
- Preparing for academic life
- Opportunities to connect with upper-class international students
If you have any questions about International Circle Orientation, travel planning, or anything else related to life as an international student at Bates, please contact Associate Dean James Reese (email@example.com).