Declaring or Changing Major(s)

Your new major(s) should be reflected on your immigration documents.

On the first page of your I-20, you’ll find your major(s) and corresponding code(s) listed. The International Student Programs & Services office will assist you to make changes in SEVIS that should be reflected on your I-20.  If you have declared or changed your major, let us know so we may make the changes and issue an updated I-20 to reflect your new major.

The new major(s) must be formally declared and visible in your academic record before they can be listed on your immigration document.