Additional Information for Faculty
- Short Term Planning Handbook This handbook, intended for faculty after their proposal has been selected, provides step-by-step information for undertaking an Off-Campus Short Term course, including risk management guidelines. (Please request access to this google document.)
- “Learning to Teach in the Field: Five Professors Tell How Running an Overseas Study Tour Improved Their Classroom Teaching,” from Frontiers, Vol. XXXI, Issue 1, April 2019. If you’re curious about the benefits of leading a Short Term program, we recommend this article.
- Off-Campus Short Term Budget Worksheet
- Risk Management Important information to consider when planning and directing your course. (Please request access to this Google document.)
- Contacts and Itinerary Information Please submit this form to the Center for Global Education by the first day of Short Term.
- Insurance Coverage Information about personal health insurance, liability insurance, rental care insurance, and emergency assistance.
- Title IX Office Contact Information and Resources Please contact Gwen Lexow, the College’s Director of Title IX and Civil Rights Compliance immediately if a student reports any sexual misconduct, including harassment or assault.
- Short Term Off-Campus/Extra Cost Post-Course Report Form Each faculty leader is asked to complete this form by June 15th after their course. These will be kept for historical guidance. (Please request access to this Google document. You can write this report in whichever format is easiest for you.)