The following websites should help you get started.
- Beamer Poster Sample, written by Dawn Nelson, is located at the bottom of the Bates LaTeX Manual page. This template is for those using the Beamer package to create a poster with LaTeX.
- Poster-making 101 by Brian Pfohl in Psychology. This page is targeted towards those using PowerPoint to create a poster.
- Students wishing to use Adobe InDesign to create a poster should contact the Bates College Imaging and Computing Center regarding its series of workshops on poster design.
- “Preparing an effective poster” posted on the Biology resources page and written by Seri (Rudolph) Lowell from Writing at Bates, 2003.
- Poster mechanics specific to the Mount David Summit
- At North Carolina State University, check out Creating Effective Poster Presentations, written by Hess, G.R., K. Tosney, and L. Liegel. 2006.